My Most Played Tracks of 2014

12:35 AM



Alas! 2014’s over! After my yearlong absence from this blog, I will try my best to post something from time to time.

Since 2015’s here, I want to share with you all my Top 10 Most Played tracks of 2014! Since the beginning of the past year, I use iTunes to monitor my number of plays for all of the tracks I downloaded this year.

Some of the tracks in this list were released in 2013 but became successful in the first quarter of 2014.

So, here’s my Top 10 Most Played Tracks of 2014.

10. Lady Gaga - Do What You Want (feat. Christina Aguilera)


This may not be the official version off of Gaga’s album, ARTPOP, but this alternate version is the bomb! I was excited to see Lady Gaga and Christina Aguilera singing live on The Voice. But, didn’t they have a feud or something?

Fave Line:
Gaga: “Do what you want with me…”
Xtina: “What you want, Lady Gaga?”
Gaga: “What you want wit me, Christina?”

Ooohhhh!!! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!


9. Frozen - Do You Wanna Build A Snowman


Call me child-like, but this song definitely hit me. Oh, the feels…

Fave Line:
Elsa: “Go Away, Anna!”
Anna: “Ok, bye…” :’(


8. Conchita Wurst Rise Like A Phoenix


I heard about this bearded lady that trended for a few weeks on Twitter. I mean seriously, a bearded lady? I soon found out that that bearded lady is Conchita Wurst, the winner of 2014’s Eurovision. And I gotta admit, this winning piece is a gem!

Fave Line: “You are warned, once I’m transformed, once I’m reborn, you know I will Rise Like A Phoenix!”


7. Beyonce X.O.


Beyonce’s visual album is undeniably one of the surprising albums released. Among all tracks, X.O is by far my favorite. Awesome Song, Horrible Music Video. I mean, come on!

Fave Line: “Your face is all that I see, I give you everything…”



6. Ariana Grande Break Free (feat. Zedd)



Definitely my jam of the year! Zedd’s been my favorite producer since I heard his track “Stache”. His beats are my thing + Ariana’s awesome vocals = EARGASM!

Fave Line: This is the part when I say I don't want ya, I'm stronger than I've been before…”



5. Katy Perry Unconditionally



No, I’m not a fan of Katy Perry’s PRISM album. My heart’s still attached to Teenage Dream. I don’t love this song, however, I do not dislike it as well. I’m stoked after finding out that I played this song numerous times already.

Fave Line: “I'll take your bad days with your good
Walk through the storm I would
I do it all because I love you, I love you”



4. Kenzie Nimmo Cool Kids (Originally by Echosmith)


I seldom adore YouTube covers, but after watching Kenzie Nimmo’s 6-second Vine to this track, I immediately fell in love with it. Yes, I have heard of the original, but I prefer Kenzie’s version because it’s more upbeat, despite the depressing lyrics of wishing to be one of the cool kids.

Fave line: “I wish that I could be like the Cool Kids, coz all the cool Kids, they seem to get it…”

3. FROZEN For The First Time in Forever



Another Frozen soundtrack’s in my list, coz YES, I was so hooked with the movie. For me, this song is far better than Mandy Moore’s solo in Tangled.

Fave Line: “For the first time in forever
I could be noticed by someone…”

2 Troye Sivan Happy Little Pill



Been reading about this Australian hottie a lot of times on Twitter. I gave it a try and I surprisingly loved it! I’m not a fan of male singers, but Troye Sivan, somehow scrapped that out. I love the song, the music video, the meaning, EVERYTHING! Been raping the replay button numerous times!

Fave Line: “Bring color to my skies, my sweet little pill…


1 FROZEN Let It Go


I think most of the people would vote this as Song Of The Year. This Disney Gem sung by Idina Menzel (not Demi Lovato’s crappy version) served as the anthem for the first to second quarter of 2014. Although it’s still being played and sung by kids, I can’t stop myself from singing along to the track’s hook.
Although this track was released in 2013, it became hugely popular 2014 and was named as Best Original Song in the Academy Awards.

Fave Line: “My power flurries through the air into the ground…

There you have it! My 2014 in 10 songs!

Can’t wait for 2015!


You Might Also Like

0 comments