I Turned My Back on Spotify and Regret It

7:18 PM





Music’s been my partner ever since. With the rise of music streaming, missing all my favorite beats is not anymore a problem. 



For years, I am guilty of downloading songs illegally. My friends call me the pirate lord for being updated with the latest tracks leaking the web.


But since I learned about Spotify, I changed. I reject music piracy and turned to legit music streaming. Spotify and I had the best relationship. She’s there making me happy with the best tunes, for good times and bad times. However, a new competitor enticed me cheat on Spotify.

So, when my Partner got me an iPhone, I turned my back on Spotify for Apple Music.

Oh, she is a beauty! With Siri Integration and its beautiful user interface, she’s truly one of a kind.



However, weeks passed, my love for Apple Music decreases. Well, the first time I signed up, actually.

Initially, when Apple Music asked me about my type of songs, I see a lot of categories not fit for me, and there are no other options or choices to choose from. And, there’s a lot of cantopop, j-pop, k-pop shit of which I despise.



Next, she made me choose my favorite artists. I see one or two of my faves from today’s music generation, but I can’t see the name of my Queen. Britney Spears.




I thought to myself, it’s ok. I can search the Queen and save all her discography.
Yeah, I did, and boy… I was appalled. It took a huge chunk of my phone memory! I was like… WTF? For Real?

Again, I let it pass. As long as I can enjoy the app with its beautiful layout, and of course, Siri can be my bitch for playing what I want.

I was scrolling for their playlist, looking for a nice one 'coz Spotify got a bunch of cool playlists… But Apple Music got less. I am effin’ disappointed with their playlist, and even how it loads. 


I always see bunch of Taylor Swift playlists and, honestly, man, I am so sick of her!


For the 3rd time, I let it pass. And continued my relationship with her.


My Partner remained loyal to Spotify and showed me Spotify’s new feature,“Behind The Lyrics” feature in collaboration with Genius. I see lots of juicy facts and information behind every song!


I said to myself, that’s it. I had enough!
Though I’m on my second month with Apple Music’s 3 Month trial, I terminated it right away and went back to Spotify, with regrets on my face.


Now, I’m loving it once more and will never leave her again… for now?

You Might Also Like

0 comments