Writing "Someday"

10:40 PM


They say that the best love songs are written with a broken heart. I guess that is true. Britney Spears once said in her MTV documentary “For The Record”,

...Your Music is the reflection of what you’re going through

So when writing a song, you don’t just fill in the music and lyrics but you’re also pouring out your soul and letting it all out in a song.

I have been writing songs since I was in high school but I always keep them to myself. Yes, they were a bit cheesy but when listening to them closely, it was a part of me that I had everything all out.

These past few days were a bit dim for me. So dim that it came to a point that I want to let it all out in a song instead of crying about it. That’s when I created this track, titled “Someday”.

Basically, it’s about love unrequited and a state of feeling when you are being ignored by the one you love most. The state that I am in with my current flame inspired me to write this track.

It started with the line “Someday/ Someday/ I’ll find my way/ to spend me your time.” From this line, I was also inspired by my friend’s dilemma (which is surprisingly similar to mine) that his partner was far too busy to communicate with him.

The song continued to its chorus, “I was born to love you/ and born to be with you/ that’s what I want to do.” It is a line stating that despite of being ignored, one is still willing to love unconditionally.

Here are the lyrics:

Someday, Someday
I'll find my way
To spend me ur time

Someday, Someday
I'll find my way
to have u mine

When our love started,
Whole new world caved in
It was a paradise I could find

Suddenly something changed
Is it me, or my ways
of showing you what I felt inside

Coz I was born to love you
Born to be with you
and that's what I wanna do
Coz I was born to love you
and born to be with you
and that's what I love to do
I Miss You

Someday, Someday
I'll find my way
To spend me ur time

When our love started,
Whole new world caved in
It was a dream- come-true I could find

Suddenly something changed
Is it me, or my ways
of showing you what I felt inside

And here’s the track. Check it out:

You Might Also Like

0 comments